Friday, October 22, 2010

Report #2

This is going to prove to be a lot harder than I originally thought it would be. Not so much doing the good deed, but remembering to blog about it. I think I would forget my name, if that was possible.

Anyway, on to my good deed for the day.

My oldest daughter's school, did their take on a Halloween carnival, which they call Holt'ober Fest. Her school has Holt in it's name .. cute huh?? So we get there this evening, and we have to buy packets of tickets. Tickets are for games, and food and such. So we buy 3 packets (or 15 tickets).

I figured we'd use them all up. With Mikaila and Chloe playing games, and all of us needing to eat. i didn't think it would be an issue.

Well, an hour into the Festival, we're ready to go, and we still have 1 whole book of tickets left. While we had been waiting in line for one of the games, we started talking to another couple, who had their children with him. I happened to be walking past the woman as we were getting ready to leave, and gave her the rest of our tickets. She was very appreciative.

It really feels good to do nice things sometimes.

I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
- Edward Everett Hale

No comments: