Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I tried to do a good deed today

I was at school this morning. I had just finished my first midterm test of the day. My husband and I were on our way to the cafeteria to have breakfast.

On our way inside the cafeteria, we pass this big, smelly bus. Not sure why it was there (at this point) but the engine was running, and the exhaust smell stunk really badly.

We get inside and find that they're having a blood drive. Yay! My chance to pay it forward. I know it's not Friday, but hey, who says we can't waiver from the schedule a bit.

I filled out all the paperwork, and waited my turn. I get inside the stinky, smelly, bus and they have to do the normal check-you-in procedures.

They checked my iron, asked me a bunch of history questions, and then had to take my temperature. It came back as 99.8 degrees. Of course I thought it was a fluke, and so did the nurse. She told me to take a few deep breaths with my mouth open, and we'd take it again.

We took it again, and now it was 99.6 degrees. She said I was one degree off. She told me to sit outside and wait for 5 minutes, then we'd check again. We did that, and by this time my temp had gone back up to 99.8. So, it was a no go. I was turned away ...

poor me. I was really bummed out.

Oh well. I'm planning on going to the blood bank and donating that way.

:side note: I still don't know why I was running a fever. I didn't feel sick, or anything. Didn't even feel puny. Oh well. There's always next time.

Until Next Time ..
~A

2 comments:

AMY said...

Oh Bummer that you couldn't donate this time. Very Awesome of you trying to though!
Maybe you're getting sick? Hope not!

So Fridays are Payitforward day? I didn't know that. Or good deed day? I will try to start that! Its a GREAT Idea....I'm gonna bring it to my BLOG and try to spread the word to all my followers!
THANKS Amanda!

Jan said...

Intentions count!

:-* <---kiss face