Saturday, October 16, 2010

Report #1

So yesterday was my first official "pay it forward Friday". I didn't really know how to begin, or where to begin, so I started very small.

Dan and I had school yesterday, and in our 2nd class, we were supposed to be having a test. We weren't ready for it, well, we weren't as ready as we should have been. So we decided to study. We asked a couple other students that are in our class to join us. They did. I don't know if that's considered "paying it forward" but hey, we all have to start somewhere .. right??

So anyway .. the rest of the day went by. We decided last night that we were going to try this little burger joint for dinner. One that we'd been wanting to try since we moved here. It's called Dickie Jo's. So we go to Dickie Jo's and it's insane. Literally packed with people. We almost decided to nix it and leave, but we didn't. We stayed. The food ... wasn't great. It was way to greasy! Seriously.

So we ate, and we're ready to leave. There was a woman trolling the very small parking lot, looking desperately for a parking space. Since I had a prime spot, I flagged her down and let her take my spot as I pulled out. She was much appreciative.

As we're leaving, the traffic to get onto the main road was CRAZY backed up. The Dickie Jo's lot is very close to a traffic signal, and I was anticipating that we were going to be sitting there, waiting to get out of the parking lot, for a while. A long while.

I pull up to the edge of the lot, and turn my right signal on. Before traffic was even moving, this car waved me through. He was going to let me in front of him. Awesome!!

My day of paying it forward, paid off.

yay!!

Did anyone else try? If so, let me know how it went.

Until Next Time ...
~A

1 comment:

Jan said...

And that my dear...is what they call... Karma.

<3 <3 <3