Someone (thank you by the way) made a suggestion that maybe I should blog about random acts of kindness. I really like that idea. There's not enough kindness in our world.
So I've decided that I'm going to start paying it forward. One day a week (I know, I know, I should be doing that ALL the time, but we're taking baby steps here people). Since tomorrow is Friday, I figure Why not make it "Pay It Forward Friday". Then, I'll come home, and either Friday night, once I'm in bed, or sometime on Saturday, I'll blog about how it went. What do you think? Good idea? Or am I being a dork?
I'm still stuck in a bit of a hole though. In order for me to pay it forward, in the technical sense of the term, I have to have something nice done to me. However, if you've seen the move (who hasn't, GREAT flick) it all started with one person, right?! On Friday, from now on (as long as I remember) I'm going to be that one person.
I'm not sure exactly how I'll work it. If I'll just pay it forward, in little ways of course (cause I'm broke) all day long, with everyone I come into contact with? Or, should I start with one person, and let them know that I've dubbed it "Pay It Forward Friday" and that they 'need to keep it going'?
There's really now way that I can make sure that they do in fact keep it going, so I'm guessing I should go with the first option. I don't know .. we'll see.
So, even though it's not quite Friday (where I live at least) I'm going to preform my first act of kindness, and shut up. ha ha. Just kidding, sort of.
I just wanted to leave an inspirational or motivational quote here .. maybe I'll start adding one of those to my blog as well.
In my perusing of the Internet, I found this website that had a lot of different quotes listed. The one I chose, is one that I think every single person can apply this to their lives at one point or another.
When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.
Helen Keller
So here's to "Pay It Forward Friday" ... what do you think? Will you join me in bringing a little bit of kindness to someones day?
Until Next Time ...
~A
1 comment:
:-D
I think this is awesome... and totally flying by the seat of my pants when I typed that....but PSYCHED you took it to heart! Love you girl!!!!
I'll be looking forward to reading all your ARK's!!! (Acts of Random Kindess).
Remember.... it can be small or big. I chased a girl down in the mall one day who dropped a couple of 20's out of her purse. How bummin would she had been???
When I'm at work... I'll tell a woman... "LOVE that purse!"... or "Cute boots!"
Totally makes their day. :-)
Keep on keeping on girlfriend!!! *hi five*
Post a Comment