Thursday, October 21, 2010

My thought for the day

When I first said that I was going to start "Pay It Forward Friday", I also said that I would be including a quote with my blog. Something inspirational.

Today, the quote is this ...


Be the change you want to see in the world
-Ghandi

I think that speaks volumes. Be the change you want to see in the world. You can't count on someone else to do the things that you see need to be done. You see it, you do it. Be accountable.

I think this is something that every single person can take hold of, and make happen. Even if it's something small. You don't have to spend a lot of money, heck, you don't have to spend any money really. Just those small RAK's (random acts of kindness) will suffice.

If you see someone, trolling the parking lot, looking for the prime parking spot (that you just so happen to be vacating) flag them down. Help them out. If you see someone in the grocery store, trying to get something off the shelf that they can't reach, reach it for them. If you happen to be driving down the street, and someone motions for you to roll down your window to give directions, give them to them.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! And you'll feel good about yourself too!! That's the best reward. And who knows how long your RAK will stay with the person. They may be so touched, they'll talk about you for weeks. I've done it before. Just one simple, meaningless thing (meaningless to you) may be the ONE thing that changes someones life.

Are you up for the challenge??


Until Next Time ...
~A

Such a great lesson.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I do ARK's (I call them ARK's) ^_^... everyday.

Couldn't go a day without. Some are big...some are small...

some the world will never know.

But my ARK recipients know. :)

BE the change!!!!

LOVE IT!