I guess I could say that I wasn't a bitch and didn't go off on a certain someone that I should have gone off on, and I could use THAT as my good deed, but that's not quite the idea is it.
Actually, I DO have a good deed that I did yesterday. A friend of mine needed a ride, to the COMPLETE other side of town, and I gave her one. That was my good deed. How sad for me that I had to think about it for a minute.
I was just in a pretty foul mood yesterday because of this one person. Why is it that I let this person get under my skin that way? I have no idea. It's dumb. Let me tell you about it, since I obviously have nothing else to talk about.
There's this guy that's in our writing class. When he first started talking to us, which I'm not even sure HOW it started, we all (me, my husband, and our friend Christina) thought he was annoying, but no one wanted to say anything to him, because we all felt bad.
He constantly felt the need to bring up the nasty battle he was in with his ex-wife, and the custody of his 2 kids. So we just left it alone. Put up with him. Then it turned into an every day thing. He'd find us in the dining hall in the morning, literally seek us out, then sit and pretend he knew what we were already talking about, and try to add his 2 cents.
The day my opinion changed of him was the day he started complaining about the child support he had to pay. I'm sorry dude, I am the WRONG person to complain about child support to. My parents divorced when I was young, and my mother struggled to get the child support that she was owed from my father. So don't go there with me. I'll put you in your place every single time.
So then it progressed from him finding us, and sitting at our table, to him following us to the library, and hanging on us while we're waiting to get into class. Which I suppose isn't really that big of a deal, but when you're already annoyed by someone, you don't particularly want to see their face every where you look. Get my drift?!
So then about a week or so ago, we had a midterm in our class. He got his results before Dan and I did, and he brought his test over to where we sit, and said "I need to know what you guys got. Cause if you got better than I did, then you're going to be helping me study from now on."
Really dude!? He stood there, and waited for us to get our tests back. Like a stray dog, wanting a table scrap. Seriously. We finally get our scores back, and he says "OK you guys, when do you want to set up a study group!?" I'm thinking in my head .. um .. never sounds good to me. But I just kind of ignored him.
He persisted. Last week he actually CALLED me. How did he get my phone number you ask?! Well, our brilliant teacher put out a class list, that included everyones name, email address, and phone numbers. Thanks teach .. I appreciate it. So he calls, and because I don't recognize the phone number, I don't answer the phone. He leaves a message, which I then listen to. He says that he's out and about, and that he can swing by my house so that we can study if I'm available.
WTF?! I never said a WORD about him coming to my house EVER. Why would he think that would be OK?! I didn't call him back right away, because I wasn't sure exactly what to say to him. My husband wasn't happy that he happened to call ME, but that's another story entirely.
A few hours later I decided I'd better call him back, because at this point, I still didn't want to be rude to him. Again he invited himself to my house to study. Mind you it's after 7pm on a school night. Hello freak .. I don't want you at my house.
I politely find a way to tell him that he can't come over. What I said wasn't untrue either. I told him that Dan and I don't live alone, and our place isn't just our place. We share the space with another family. That's not solely an excuse either .. it's the valid truth.
So then he called again the next night, and again invited himself to my house. Dude!? I just told you that wasn't going to work. Then he mentioned going to the library to study. I declined his offer, and told him my daughter was sick. She wasn't, I know I shouldn't lie, but I didn't know what else to say to him.
The final straw (for my husband) came Wednesday afternoon. We had left campus and went to get Mikaila from school, then to get Chloe from her grandma's house. It's after 2pm (we left campus at 12:50) and we haven't been home yet. My phone goes off from a text message. Who's texting me!? Yup. It's dude. This is our text conversation ...
dude: Are you in class?
me: no. I'm driving y?
dude: is Daniel in class?
me: no, he's with me. y?
dude: I have a question about our writing homework.
me: we haven't even been home yet.
dude: I have a question about our writing homework.
Then I notice that the icon that tells me I have a voicemail is flashing on my screen. I call to listen to my voicemail, and it's dude. SERIOUSLY .. LAY OFF!! His message says this ...
"Hey Amanda, it's ******* from writing class. I know you said you're driving, so just call me as soon as you get home. I'm stumped on our writing homework, specifically sentence number 2. You'll understand what I'm talking about as soon as you look at it. Please call me back AS SOON as you get home."
Now before I get someone complaining to me about texting and driving, I was driving, and I was telling Dan what to text. Crisis averted.
Dan is pissed off at this point. So he decides to send dude a text message. He wasn't rude, too much anyway. He just wanted to make sure dude got the message. This is what Dan said ..
Dan to dude: If you have a question about the writing homework, please email the instructor. We don't have extra time right now.
about 20 minutes passed, and dude sent this response
dude: Ok. thanks.
That was the last we heard from him. I assumed Friday morning, he would show up in the dining hall, as per usual, and not be phased by what Dan had said to him. I was wrong. He didn't show up in the dining hall. When we went upstairs, he was sitting up there, bugging someone else (and I do know he was bugging, cause I've talked to the girl about him before). We go inside, and Dan asks the girl that dude is bugging, if we were supposed to have a test that day.
Dude, VERY RUDELY replies to Dan "Did you see 'test' on your daily schedule?? Since it wasn't there, then we DON'T have a test."
Seriously dude?! Back the eff off. You're lucky that I wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday, cause I would have bitch slapped you so fast, you would have forgotten what day it was.
I'm so irritated ...
Until Next Time ..
~A
1 comment:
Whenever I feel frustrated about something... I am reminded of something my MINISTER told me. She said that Christians historically...were not nice. And that to be a good person and Christian...does not mean we need to always be "nice" to someone (i.e...let them walk all over us).
So... nice is not always the way to go.
Apparently... with such a thick skull... nice has to go out the window!!!
*Anxiously awaiting..."Dude" updates* ;-)
Post a Comment