Friday, May 20, 2011

It's the End of the Word as we know it ... and I feel fine!!

OK.  So that's a lyric from the R.E.M song.  That I'm sure is being overplayed on close to every radio station around the country today.  Becuase, according to billboards that are plastered everywhere, tomorrow is in fact, the end of the world. 

Here's my thought's on the topic.  

I'm a Christian.  I have been for most of my life.  I don't know the Bible cover to cover, but I do know some of it.  There's quite a few places in the Bible that talk about the end of times.  Do I think we're there?  I do believe it's coming, yes.  Do I think it's coming tomorrow?  Hey, honestly it COULD happen.  In the tradition of being honest, it COULD happen today.  Right now.  An hour from now.  

The Bible says "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour" - Matthew 25:13

There's yet another verse "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

So the claims that "the Bible guarantees it ..."  that the world will end?  Yes.  That the world will end on May 21st?  No.  

So I suppose there's a tidbit of advice in my note.  Listen to the Bible.  Be prepared.  It (the End) IS coming.  It may not happen tomorrow .. but it IS coming.  Are you ready??  

No comments: