Then, we moved to Oregon. A little piece of Christmas Tree trivia for you, Oregon was the leading producer of Christmas trees in the year 2004. I thought that piece of information was interesting. Now, back to my story.
This morning, our entire family, made the trek to Pleasant Hill, to Northern Lights Christmas Tree Farm. I've never in my life seen anything like this place. It was really neat.
You can just "feel" the Christmas all around you. There's trees, obviously, as far as the eye can see. Tractors, saws, trees, and more trees. The smell was intoxicating, the air was crisp, the day was perfect.
This farm, had a 'menu' if you will, of all the different types of trees they had and how much they were per foot. After looking at the menu, we all decided on a Canaan. I, personally, had never heard of a Canaan tree before. But I have to say, it's a beautiful tree.
Did I mention that the smell of this place was divine??
I love the idea of a live Christmas tree for one reason. It's certainly not for the mess it makes. Of course, it's for the smell. This farm, smelled like thousands of Christmas trees. Obviously. I don't know what I expected it to smell like, it IS a Christmas Tree farm after all.
Anyway, if you live in Oregon, you need to visit this place. It was pretty neat. Definitely an experience I will never forget. I hope my kids don't forget it either. The people were extremely friendly, which is something that I've come to expect from people in Oregon. I don't know why, but it seems people here are just naturally nicer.
I'll leave you with this. Anytime you see a huge tractor, that allows you to sit on it to take pictures, don't let the opportunity pass you by. You'll regret it. What does this have to do with Christmas trees you ask? Not a darn thing. It's just my way of keeping you guessing.
Until Next Time ...
~A
No comments:
Post a Comment