A lot has happened in the lives of my family members in the past few months, that's made me think a lot about luck. I say all the time what I stated above. "If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any." I don't know if I can say that anymore.
I look at my life. My husband and I have been married for 10 years (well, in 7 days it'll be 10 years). I know my husband loves me unconditionally. He loves me with all my faults and all my weaknesses. He loves my quirks, and my strengths. I'm secure in his love for me, as I know he's secure in my love for him.
We have 2 beautiful, and healthy children. They don't "need" for anything. Sure they might want things that they don't get, but they always have what they need. Food in their tummies, clothes on their backs, a roof over their head, and a warm bed to dream in.
I wouldn't say that we're financially stable, because let's face it. Who is in this economy? But we do OK. Sure sometimes, maybe more often than not, we're living paycheck to paycheck, but we survive. That's what's important.
I take a look at my life, and I realize, I'm pretty lucky. I don't have to worry about who is parenting my child, because their parents are. I don't have to worry about what's going to happen next, with my 'ex', because I don't have one.
My point is simple. My point is this. The next time you want to say "I wish I could have something go my way." or "I wish I had good luck instead of bad luck." Think about your life. Truly and honestly think about it. Do you have what you need? Is your family healthy? If you can answer yes to those questions, then in my personal opinion, you're the luckiest person in the world.
"Walk a mile in someone else's shoes, before you think your walk isn't worth it."
-Amanda Robertson
Until Next Time ...
~A
No comments:
Post a Comment