Monday, September 13, 2010

Book, Books, and more Books ...

Today was the day. The day that we had to make the trek down to the college and fight the mad rush crowds at the bookstore, and get our books.

As I was looking around online a few weeks ago on the college website, I noticed a little tab that said "Pre-Order Books Here". My interest was peaked, so I clicked the link. It took me to the bookstore's website, where I was then able to do exactly that. Pre-order my books.

The coolest part, or so I thought at that point, was that I found out I would get a 10% discount by ordering them online. Yay!!! So I placed my order, and opted to pick them up in the store, so that i could do the deferred billing, and not have to pay out of pocket right now.

We got to the bookstore this morning, after what seemed like forever. You see we had to take the little one across town to her grandma's house. Then we had to take the bigger one to school, and drop her off. Then we had to go to the college. We were there before 8am, trying to beat the crowds. Which we did, somewhat.

There was a separate section for "online" orders. I had some other things to get, so I got what I needed and went to wait in that line. Oh My God. It took forever.

You remember when I was talking about the cool part, of being able to save 10% on the books? Well, that kind of became a moot point when I found out that you're only able to get NEW books when you do the online ordering.

That SUCKS. When I placed my order I stated that USED was preferred. The site said that if USED books were available we would get those. Well, there were a TON of used books available, but we still got the new ones.

Oh well. I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles. This time anyway. I've learned my lesson though. When something looks like it's too good to be true, it's probably because it is.

Until next time ..
~A


No comments: