I mean, what the actual purpose?
There are blogs that I read, that I absolutely envy. The ability to write words so eloquently, is something I'm very jealous of. That's something that I've always wanted to be able to do. Express my feelings in written word, and be able to let other people know EXACTLY, without a shadow of a doubt, what I was feeling in the moment that I wrote it.
I started 'blogging' quite a few years ago. It was basically just a place where I would write my jumbled feelings down, not thinking that anyone was reading it. Hell, I still don't know if there's anyone actually reading the things that I write, so maybe it's the same thing I've been doing since I started. Who knows. I enjoy it, so I guess that's what matters. Right?
I've always wanted my blog to be successful though. I'll often read through some of the blogs I follow, seeing their thousands of readers and comments, and wonder what the hell I have to do to get that?
I guess the first step, is to actually blog on a regular basis. Something that I currently do not do. Who am I kidding? It's something that I've never done.
I've mentioned before, that I thought it would be very cool to have an 'advice' blog. A place where people can ask me for, well, advice. Not that I consider myself to be the I-know-the-meaning-of-life-so-let-me-tell-you kid of person, but, in my real life, it seems that people are constantly asking me what my opinion is of whatever it is that they might be going through. (holy run-on sentence Batman)
I just don't know what I have to do to get that ball rolling.
I've shared my experiences on things that we've gone through recently, like my daughter's Celiac Disease diagnosis. That made me feel ... empowered. Don't ask me why, because I really don't know that I have an answer for that. It's just, the sense of accomplishment (and I don't even know if that's the right word to use) that comes over me when I'm able to help someone through something. It's like I was meant to do that.
Cliche I know. Yadda Yadda Yadda.
I've even gone so far as to create a board on my Pinterest titled 'Bloggity Blog' (that's the link, you should check it out!) to give myself tips and pointers on how to make my blog POP! (it also might help if I actually go through and read the tips I've given myself, but that's another blog completely)
So .. if you happen to be a successful blogger, and you have tips that you might feel inclined to share with me, I beg of you, share them. Help me!!! I'm desperate!!
Until Next Time ..

1 comment:
I'm right there with you!!! My dream job other than being Mama would be a successful writer. By the way we have celiac disease in our family and I know what y'all have been through! Most of the time I wonder if anyone reads my blogs, but I enjoy writing so there you go! Blog on, girl!!!!
Post a Comment