Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Favorites

I don't know if this will be something that I do weekly from now on, but it sounded like a good idea for today.

Let's make it a game!!  I'll tell you some of my favorite things today .. and then you tell me yours! Deal??

Let's start with movies.  Ready?  GO!  (In no specific order .... )






Cause who DOESN'T love Ferris Bueller?  There's something about this movie that sucks me in EVERY single time I watch it.  And trust me, I've seen it QUITE a few times.  The most favorite scene I have is when Ferris, Cameron, and Sloan are in the art museum.  I love that part.  Not sure why, but I do. Another favorite scene, is when Jeannie kicks the snot out of Principal Rooney when he broke into their house.  Hahaha!!  I laugh out loud every time!!








What is there to say about 'Gone With The Wind'?  It's iconic.  I can remember watching this movie as a child, and wanting so badly to be Scarlett O'Hara.  I envied her life so much.  Remember the first time I saw this movie I was probably 8 years old.  The older I got, and the more times I watched the movie, I realized just how sad the life of Ms. O'Hara really was.  The things that she went through her whole life chasing after, meant nothing.  And she realized that, much too later for that to make a difference to her.  The loss that she experiences throughout the film is whole, and tragic.  If it's not one that you've seen, I highly recommend it.


Marty McFly, pardon me while I swoon.  I grew up determined that I was going to be Mrs. Marty McFly.  I didn't realize (for a long time actually) that this was only a movie.  That it wasn't real.  I was SO super excited when the trilogy was released on DVD!  I can watch them any time I want to!!  (And, I do!)




OK.  I admit it. I'm a 'tad' bit obsessed with this movie.  It is, and always will be one of my absolute favorite movies. When I was a kid, I could literally watch it on loop.  Over, and over, and over .. you get the picture.   About 6 months ago, my family and I actually went to Astoria.  Where the movie is based.  We saw Mikey & Brand's house, Data's house, we saw the Jail that the Fratelli's break out of at the beginning.  It was SO much fun for me. I think my littles even enjoyed it!  I have some amazing pictures to remember it by, and I look at them often.





Last, but certainly not least, we have Holly Golightly.  I just love her.  Another one that I wanted to be.  The way that she tackles life, is right in her name.  Nothing is too serious.  Mickey Rooney's character of Mr. Yunioshi is absolutely hilarious.  And I fell in love with Paul Varjak as much as Holly did.  It's iconic.  It's Audrey Hepburn for goodness sake.







So that's 5 of my favorites.  I don't know if I'd say these are my TOP 5 favorite movies, but they're definitely 5 of my favorites.  I was realizing as I was putting the pictures together, that ALL of these movies are more than 20 years old.  I think that speaks volumes about Hollywood today.  Granted I'm not a movie critic, but I watch a LOT of movies.  Nothing from the last 5, or even 10 years made my list.

I'm curious to know what some of your favorites are.  Share away!!

Until Next Time ..

No comments: