Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Guilty Pleasures

We've all got them right?  I thought it might be fun to share a few of mine with you.  Then you can share a few of yours with me.  See how this works??

Quid Pro Quo, Clarice .. 

Just kidding.  Let do this.

1.  The Food Network.  I'm obsessed.  Guy, Rachel, Bobby, Giada, Ina .. shall I go on?  I mean what is there NOT to love about a channel devoted to the glory of food?  I got started with 30 Minute Meals, because as a new mother, I desperately needed quick and easy meals that would be satisfying at the same time.  It was a match made in Heaven, that quickly (and probably rather disgustingly) blossomed into a full blown love affair with the entire network.  One of my favorite shows now is The Pioneer Woman (that's a link to her personal site, not within Food Network).  I love her recipes and just her general take on life.  She's so carefree, and she has the coolest kitchen appliances.  I might be a little bit jealous (OK, who am I kidding.  I'm a LOT a bit jealous).

2. Facebook, because who doesn't have a profile?  Even my grandmother does.  Everyone is doing it. It's a great way to keep in touch with family members and friends that might live far away from you. You can easily chat (either text, or video), share pictures, and even play games with these friends and family members.  Which kind of leads me to my guilty pleasure # 3.

3. Candy Crush.  I'm almost embarrassed to say that I play this, especially as much as I do, but, I'm hooked.  If you haven't played it yet, take my advice.  Don't start.  You'll get sucked into the sweet dimension, and the candy will take hold of your soul .. OK.  Maybe I'm exaggerating just a little bit, but it's really close to the truth.

4. Netflix.  To whomever invented Netflix .. I applaud you.  Or, maybe I should punch you in the throat.  Because of you, I've spent countless hours in front of my television set, Breaking Bad and getting to know Jesse Pinkman and Walter White.  I've been Charmed, a few times over might I add by the Halliwell Sisters 3, and have most recently started being Lied to by Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Aria.  (If you didn't get the not so subtle hints, we're talking about Breaking Bad, Charmed, and Pretty Little Liars)

5, Snapea Crisps.  This one might come as a shock to anyone that knows me (considering I absolutely loathe peas) but these are seriously SO good.  They're light, airy, crispy, salty .. I could seriously go on, but I'll spare you.  All I will say is that if you haven't tried them yet, you need to.  You're welcome.


That's most definitely NOT all of the guilty pleasures I have, but it's a good place to start.  I think if I were to list them all, you might think I'm crazy (and even if that IS true, I don't want people to know)

I can't wait to see what you'll share about yourself!!  

Happy Sharing!!
Until Next Time .. 


No comments: