Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Wonder of Television

It is a wonder, isn't it?

I don't know about you, but I love to watch T.V.  Sometimes, I get a little hooked.  I've said before that I'm a huge fan of The Food Network, and all the yummy-ness that it has to offer.  Pretty much any time of the day too.  But today, we're going to talk about what my current favorite television shows are. Don't judge me.

Ready?  Here we go (in no particular order)

Breaking Bad.  I can NOT say enough about this show. It captivated me from the VERY beginning, and held me close until the very end.  The writing, the acting, the story. Absolutely EVERY thing about this show was, and continues to be amazing.  If you haven't watched it yet, what's wrong with you?  Just kidding (sort of), but you should.  You can catch it on Netflix from beginning to end.  Seriously.  Check. It. Out.  You will NOT be sorry.
True Blood. Now, I normally don't consider myself to be into the 'fantasy' type shows, but this one I loved. It's twisted, and vulgar, and sexy, and vulgar, and sometimes VERY bloody-but so intriguing.  I'm not a huge fan of Anna Paquin and her portrayal of Sookie (and her even worse Louisiana accent) but for all the other eye-candy, I can look past the flaws.  Jason, Eric, Alcide - need I continue?  I was über disappointed with the Series Finale, the entire final season for that matter, but the rest of the series is definitely worth watching,

Pretty Little Liars.  This is my newest obsession.  I've just recently (like in the last 2 weeks) started watching this show on Netflix, and from the very first episode, I was hooked.  If you've seen it, you understand.  Love, lies, betrayal, scheming - normal behavior for the high school crowd.  Don't forget about 'A'.  She (or maybe it's 'they') really knows how to mess with a girl!  Spencer, Hanna, Emily, and Aria have really been put through the wringer, and I have a feeling, it's only just begun.
Grey's Anatomy.  This is another one that I've been in love with from the very beginning.  Never missed an episode.  I'm still kind of angry that Dr. Yang left, and I'm even still kind of bitter that George died. If I had to chose a favorite character, I'd probably have to say it was Alex.  There are so many sides to him, and what he stands for.  He might be a little (ok, a LOT) rough around the edges, but, his heart is typically in the right place .. eventually.  Definitely worth watching.  You can also catch this one on Netflix.  (I'm sensing a pattern here)
Deadliest Catch. I'm really not a fan of reality TV, but it's really hard to find something that's NOT a reality show anymore.  This one though, I don't know what it is about it, but I love it.  My favorite, Keith Colburn, who is the Captain of F/V Wizard, keeps me coming back for more. He's kind of hard to swallow for most, but there's just something about him that's so familiar - I can't help but be drawn into it.  I'm also a big fan of Josh Harris and F/V Cornelia Marie.  You'll find this one on Discovery Channel

The number 5, apparently, is my magic number.  I definitely have more favorites (even though I promise I'm not a couch potato) but this seems like a good start.

You know the drill.  Now it's your turn.  Leave me a comment, and let me know if you

  • Have watched / currently watch any of the above
  • What your thoughts are on my favorites
  • Have any reccomendations on shows I'm NOT watching that I should be. 
I can't wait to see your suggestions! 

Until Next Time 






No comments: