Monday, September 22, 2014

Make A List Monday

Hello again! I started this September series with GREAT things in mind. I even went so far as to write out a blog schedule, noting what blogs I was going to write on what days, and when they would publish. As you can tell by the above photo, today is "Make A List Mondays" and according to last week's entry, I should be continuing on with my theme of the list of important things in a marriage. 

Yeah. I'm not. At least not today. 

Today, I'm going to make a list of a different sort. Since I've been spending a LOT of time blogging lately, I thought it might be fun to share a list of my favorite music to blog to. I know I've recently made a list of favorite songs, but this is different. This music isn't necessarily my favorite music (but let's be honest, there isn't a lot of music that I DON'T like), but it's music that inspires me for some reason or another. 

Example. Right now, as I'm typing these words, I'm listening to 'Honky Cat' by Elton John. I've actually got 'The Very Best of Elton John' playing on my iTunes right now, and this just so happens to be what's playing at the moment. 

There's just something about Elton John. Am I right? His voice is so mellow, and soothing, and his piano playing. COME ON! The man knows how to stroke those ivory keys. Anyway .. here's my list of favorite songs to blog to ... 


Obviously Elton John is on the list, because if you didn't gather by my rambling above, he's fabulous. Next up we have 'More Than Words' by Extreme. I absolutely LOVE this song, and I have since the first time I ever heard it. Something about it, gets me every time. 'Killing Me Softly' by The Fugees. Obviously a cover by the original Roberta Flack track, but if we're being honest, I like Lauren Hill's rendition better. It seems to be more soulful - though I am by NO means the authority on soul.

'Faith' by George Michael, because why not?! It's a great song, and George Michael .. well he's almost as fabulous as Sir Elton. We're just going to keep on tootin' the horn on this fabulous train, and bring in Mr. Timberlake. 'Drink You Away' is probably my favorite track on his 20/20 Experience album. *side note* I can't WAIT to see him in concert in November!!!

Finally, we round out the list with Madge. 'This Used To Be My Playground' is one of my favorite Madonna songs .. but I can't think of many of hers I don't like.

Anyway .. there's something about all of these tracks that bring out my inspiration. They just seem to make it a lot easier for me to write.

I want to know .. do you have a favorite song, or a favorite album that helps bring out your inspiration? Share it with me, because honestly, I like these songs, and I'm afraid that if I continue to loop them on repeat, I'll start to hate them, and that would make me sad.

Share, Share, Share!!!

Until Next Time ..












No comments: