Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Don't bite off more than you can chew

I'm sure everyone, everywhere has heard those words at least once in their lives.  Either by a teacher, a friend, a parent, maybe even by that little voice that lives inside your own head.  Lord knows I've heard those words more than I can count, and usually, I'm pretty good about taking that very advice.

That is, until now.

I feel like I've bitten off the whole thing, what ever that is.  I'm so overloaded with everything that's going on right now.  Mainly school, but family too.  Well, not really family, but kind of.  My little family is doing well.  We've just moved into our own place, and things are going great.  Things with my mom have been kind of strained, and maybe that's just on my part.  I'm still feeling a little betrayed and hurt by her rejection.  But another phrase that's said a lot, hindsight is 20 / 20 .. really is true.

I see now that my mother said no to my request, because there was something better for us.  But it still stings, if even just a little.  I'll get over it eventually.

My biggest issue right now .. is school.  I'm attempting to take 4 classes this term.  I'm as overloaded as one person can be.  13 credits, 2 children, a husband, and sleep.  How am I supposed to juggle it all?  I'm not.  I've let 2 of the classes that I"m taking fall behind.  My writing class is one that I'm going to have to re-take.  There's no way I can catch up.  At least it's an online class, and I don't have to look anyone in the face when I fail ...

My attitude has just really gone kaput in the last few weeks.  The drive and determination that I had when I started this journey, and dwindled.  Drastically.  I need help, but I'm not sure how to get it ..

Until next time ...
~A

No comments: