Saturday, January 22, 2011

As if I'm not busy enough

I've decided, just now, at 12:38am, that I"m going to try something new.  Something that I think my kids will get a kick out of, and hopefully will be something that we can do together more often.

In my insomniatic (did I just make up a word) web searching, I came across pictures that were quite interesting.  Pictures of rainbow cakes.  When I first heard the term 'rainbow cake' I had NO idea what people were talking about.  Since then, I've come to know that the 'traditional' rainbow cake looks like this
                                                   
 **Please not that this is NOT my picture**

This is not the type of cake I want to make.  Though it's beautiful, in every single way possible, I'm not very good at stacking cake, nor am I very good at working with fondant.  And a cake like this, in my opinion (which lets face it is damn important) should be covered in fondant.  I'm totally kidding by the way, about my opinions being important to anyone but myself.  I'm not one for pushing my opinion on everyone else.  

Back to it. 

**again, not my picture**
That is the cake I want to make.  A swirly, rainbowy,(ha! Another word I've made up!  I'm on a roll) beautiful mess of a cake.  One that's going to be fun.  Both to make and to eat!!  I can't wait to try it!

When I make it, if it turns out the way I'm hoping it will (duh, like the picture right there) then I'll share the recipe!!  

Until next time 
~A

No comments: