Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stress, stress, and you guessed it MORE stress ...

Holy hell.

I don't understand why it is that I seem to get stressed at THE most inappropriate times, but I guess it's that way for everyone. If it was an appropriate time for stress, we would be expecting, then it wouldn't be stress. Nature's plan, yet again snares me. Lucky me ...

My children, I love them dearly, but they are the single most cause of my stress. I'm sure that's true for every parent at least some point in their parenting adventure. And I say adventure meaning it literally. It truly is an adventure, in so many ways.

Yeah sure we get to do all the fun parent duties. Then we get to do the not so fun parent duties. But at the end of the day, whether it be a good day or a bad one, your kids love you just the same. Today is a day where I wish that I was on a vacation ... is that bad?

I wouldn't change being a parent for the world. I love each and every moment of it. Honestly I do. But sometimes .. mommy needs a break. Daddy's at work, and mommy's all by herself. The older of my two children thinks that SHE's the mommy. Um .. no. Sorry honey you're not. You're 8, not 28. Get that through your head. I swear when she hits the puberty street we are in SO much trouble.

Then there's the little one. She's 2, and every bit in the middle of the terrible two's. She cries all the time. Literally ALL the time. I'm not exaggerating. I know when people hear me talk about it they think I am .. but honestly I'm not. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was STILL suffering from colic. Even though she was never diagnosed as a colic baby, I think she had it.

Anywho ... She's crying .. again. Right now it's because she's overly tired. Here's my dilemma. It's 430 in the afternoon. If I let her take a nap now, which she DESPERATELY needs, she's going to wake up in an even GRUMPIER mood, and then be a bear for the rest of the evening, THEN not want to go to bed. If I don't let her sleep now .. she's going to be a bear for the rest of the evening, and start asking to go to bed at 530. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh well ...

It's probably a good thing I have no alcohol in the house .. cause if I did .. I wouldn't for long.

Until next time ..
~A~

No comments: