Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What Women Want ...

This is the AGE old question.  Asked from generation to generation, and yet it's never been figured out.  From a man's perspective anyway.

And while I can't speak for EVERY single woman in the world .. I'm sure a vast majority would agree with the points I'm about to make.  Gentlemen ... pay attention.

1.  Love.  Women don't just WANT love, we NEED love.  And I'm not just talking about the act of making love.  I'm talking about love in general.  Hold her hand while you're walking down the street.  Tell her you love her at random times during the day.  Choose to sit next to her instead of across from her when you go out to eat.  It's the little things that keep us happy.  Trust me on this.  The big, extravagant displays of affection, while much appreciated, aren't always necessary.

2. Trust.  Women need to not only be trusted, but desperately need to be able to trust.  The minute that we feel we can't trust you, you're doomed.  The relationship is doomed.  Don't keep secrets.  About anything.

3. Space.  Women love to cuddle (I know I do) and be close with our spouse (or significant other) however, we also like some time to ourselves.  No kids, no husbands.  Just for a sense of rejuvenation if nothing else.  There's a lot that goes in to being a wife and a mother.  Remember that.

4. Appreciation.  Women NEED to feel appreciated.  Like I said above, there is a LOT that goes in to being a wife and a mother.  Add even more if you're a wife and a mother that holds a full time job outside of the home.  Let us know that you appreciate what we're doing and how we're doing it.  A little 'thank-you' here and there would be much obliged.

5. To be needed.  Women want, .. no .. NEED to be needed.  Tell us everyday, that you need us.  Whether you think we already know this or not.  It's nice to hear it once in a while.



I'm sure there's MUCH more that could be added to this list.  And I'm sure, at some point, I'll add to it.  But for now, it's a good starting place.

Take note boys ...

Until Next Time ..
~A

No comments: