Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Did you know ...

Did you??

I've learned a lot in the last few weeks.

Take your ears for example.  Did you know that a small pain in your ear can turn into the worst ear infection that you've ever had?  Example.  When you get that first twinge of pain, trust your gut.  It's probably an ear infection. Don't wait until the morning to 'see if it's better'.  Trust your instinct, and go to the urgent care.  If I had done just that, mine probably wouldn't have gotten so bad.

I'm one of the lucky ones, that gets an over abundance of ear infections rather than getting them as a child.   I remember getting tubes in one of my ears as a kid, but I don't remember the reason why.  I don't, however, remember getting ear infections.  I now FULLY understand the pain that children go through when they get them.  It truly is debilitating.

On to another 'did you know' topic.

Did you know that flies are annoying?  I'm sure this isn't new news to anyone.  Let me just say this.  I've learned more in the last few days about flies then I ever cared to know.

For some strange reason, our home is being taken over by these pests.  Cluster flies to be exact.  Never heard of Cluster Flies?!  I hadn't either.  Thanks to google, I've been well educated.

I had always heard that flies, and I assumed this was flies in general, were dormant during the winter months.  Apparently, the winter months, are when cluster flies come out.  It's kind of neat, if you're into that kind of stuff, they way it happens.  But it's more of a PITA when they're in your house.

These flies are obviously enjoying our company MUCH more than we're enjoying theirs.  I have nothing against the creatures.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I have nothing against the creatures when they're NOT inside my house.  That would be more of a true statement.

Now it's all about getting myself well, and ridding my house of flies.  Any suggestions you have that might help get rid of them, would be GREATLY appreciated.  We are using a spray .. but it smells. Badly.  Gives me a headache.

Though at this point, I'd rather have a headache because the flies are dying than to have a headache because the flies are alive in my house.

Until next time ...
~A

1 comment:

Jan said...

I love all creatures....but I've always said... anything in my home is taking it's life into their own hands.

Have you tried fly strips? Yucky yes... but they work.

Good luck! and feel better!!!