Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dinner

I like to think that I'm a pretty good home cook.  Cooking has always been something that I've been passionate about, and even though I've never had any formal instruction, I like to attempt some pretty extravagant recipes.

The other day as I was perusing the Internet, I came across a recipe from a blog that I frequent.  You can find the blog here   (if you stop by, leave her a comment and link to my blog, letting her know that I sent you!!)

I've tried a few of Lana's recipes, and I"m hoping the one I'm choosing to try for tomorrow night's dinner is as good as the others I've tried.

I'm going to post Lana's recipe, as well as provide a link.  It sure does sound yummy!!

Carne Asada Tacos
 looks good huh!!

Now Lana recommends to marinade the meat overnight.  I actually just finished preparing the marinade and putting the meat into the fridge. 

So for the marinade here are the ingredients you'll need.
  • 1 cup Kikkoman Lime Ponzu Sauce
  • 4 cloves fresh chopped garlic
  • 1/4 cup lime juice.  
I honestly had never heard of the lime ponzu sauce, and didn't think I'd be able to find it in my local grocery store, but I was very excited when I did.  This is what you're looking for.

And I was able to get JUST enough lime juice from 2 small limes.  

Now for the rest of the ingredients ...
  • 2 pounds of flank or skirt steak
  • 10-12 corn or flour tortillas (whichever you prefer)
Lana's recipe calls for pico de gallo, but I'm leaving that part out.  We're finishing with chopped white onion and chopped fresh cilantro.  

I literally can not WAIT to try these.  I'll let you know how they turn out.  And remember, stop by Never Enough Thyme  and let Lana know that I sent you over.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it (if you enjoy those kind of things) much like I did. 

And here's a direct link to Lana's Carne Asada Recipe 

Until Next Time ... 
~A

No comments: