Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wow .. it's been a while ...

Here I sit, in front of my computer. 11pm. My eyes hurt so bad, and I can hardly see through the blur because I'm so tired. Yet, I can't sleep.

So, what better to do than to blog. It's been a long time since I've done it, (blogging about my life) so I thought .. hey why not.

There's a lot that's happened in recent months. I don't know if anyone even reads my blog (that statement is becoming a theme in these things) but heck. At least it's a form of release for me.

Right before Easter, my baby girl decided that she'd had enough of crawling. Granted she was 13 months old at this point, but she did it. She finally started walking. And in just a few short weeks, she's progressed to almost running. She's so cute to watch. I tell her all the time that she walks like a little drunk old man. Her legs spread so far apart .. and she waddles. But it's so cute. She's still not talking all that much, minus "Hi da da" and "tickle tickle tickle" but I suppose I"ll take what I can get. I'm sure soon enough she'll be talking more than her sister. When that happens .. God help me!!

My husband, bless his heart, is suffering from kidney stones. There's a family of stones actually, though one (I'll call it papa) was recently evicted. He's got one (mama) hanging out in his right kidney still. Just waiting for the right time to move out, and then 2 more (the kids) hanging out in the left kidney. He's making the best of it though, for the most part anyway. He has his moments where he's in a lot of pain, but he deals with it well. A lot better than I did 9 years ago when I had the stones.

We were FINALLY able to get a new car. Not a brand new car, but it's new for us, and that's all that matters. It's a lot smaller than the van, well .. cause it's a car. I didn't realize how much space we had with the van, until it was gone. But I like it. I don't have to worry about losing the screwdriver anymore, or buying fluids every other week. Don't get me wrong, the van was a LIFE saver in more ways than one, but I"m so glad that we're not dependant on it anymore. THANK YOU JESUS!!

I"m getting ready to start a new journey. I'm going to be leading a Girl Scout Brownie troop. I'm really excited, and so is Mikaila. We're having our parent meeting tomorrow night. Hopefully it'll be a good turn out, and I"ll get a good sized troop going. I can't wait to get started.

Well, seeing as how it's now 11:30, and I've got so much to do tomorrow, I'd better try and go to sleep. We'll see how well I can manage that. You'd think it'd be pretty simple for me .. since sleep with a small child is pretty hard to come by.

Until next time ....

~A

No comments: